YSHIELD® BU2 | EMF Bed Canopy Base | Single Bed (175cm) | HNG80
EMF bed canopy mat from YSHIELD® providing high shielding attenuation for use with compatible EMF sleep canopies - 175cm wide
To achieve a full Faraday cage with a canopy, it is also necessary to shield from below. This canopy base has a very high shielding attenuation, lies very flat and is delivered including the entire necessary grounding material.
This canopy base is for use with the SILVER-TULLE, VOILE and NATURELL EMF Sleep canopy.
The canopy base comes with grounding plug GP1 for schuko sockets E/F and the canopy connector GCMV for canopies (you can choose if you want to connect the canopy with a velcro or magnet).
This canopy base consists of two panels that are placed with an overlapping of 5 cm, made of the material HNG80 with 88 dB shielding attenuation.
Small metal plates are pre-assembled at one end of each panel – grounding will be screwed onto them.
We recommend covering the canopy base with a fabric or carpet. This cover will also hide the 4 mm high electrical connectors and cables behind the bed.
Attenuation: 88 dB
Size: Width 175 cm, length 260 cm, sheet thickness 0.1 mm
Materials: Polyester, copper, nickel, aluminium
Included in delivery: 2 panels HNG80 to each 260 cm, 1 Grounding plug GP1 (Schuko E/F), 1 Grounding connector magnet/hookloop GCMV, 2 cables GL85 (85 cm), 1 cable GL500 (500 cm), all necessary screws, discs, dowels, cable lugs and a screwing tool with Torx®-Bits.
Attenuation | Grounding
This product shields high frequency electromagnetic fields (HF). The indicated dB-values apply to 1 GHz, view chart for other frequencies. Laboratory report ranging from 40/600 MHz to 40 GHz according to standards ASTM D4935-10 or IEEE Std 299-2006, view report above.
HNG80 can neither be washed nor cleaned.
- Lay the two or three panels (1) out with an overlapping of approx. 5 cm - connecting plates all need to be laid on the same side with the stepped side facing upwards.
- Connect the two or three panels (1) with the 85 cm long cables GL85 (4). Use the black tensions discs when screwing the cable lugs tight.
- Connect the canopy connector (3) with the 85 cm long cable GL85 (4). Use the black tensions discs when screwing the cable lugs tight.
- Connect the grounding plug (2) with the 5 m long cable GL500 (5). Use the black tensions discs when screwing the cable lugs tight.
- Connect the canopy connector (3) with the canopy, either with the magnetic plate or velcro.
- The electrician must install the grounding plug (2)
Which Canopy Base for MSC / Allergy considerations
Whilst this canopy base offers very high attenuation, there are people who prefer a washable fabric which can be very important if you have allergies and you need to wash the fabric regularly.
This grounding mat is made of mix which contains polyester and nickel, so again for people with allergies to these materials this may not be suitable.
For customers who need to use a more 'natural' washable fabric, but at a lower attenuation, we recommend the STEEL-TWIN grounding mat, which is washable using the Texcare fabric wash.
Grounding the canopy base
We recommend purchasing a Powerline PLC HF alongside the canopy base.
This Powerline PLC HF Filter ensures any ‘noise’ on the earth wire from smart meters, neighbouring properties, powerline adaptors and similar is filtered out - so cannot affect the canopy.