YSHIELD® RDF25 | Window film | Width 152 cm | Length 1m
YSHIELD® RDF25 Window film is a copper colour and has 25% light transmission with an attenuation 35 dB designed for outdoor application even on heat absorbing glass surfaces.
NOTE: This EMF window film is 152cm wide and is sold in units of 1m lengths.
Why YSHIELD® RDF25 Window film?
YSHIELD® RDF25 Window film is a precious metal coated and self-adhesive special window film for shielding of high-frequency radiation (HF). This window film has a 25% light transmission in a copper colour. It has an attenuation 35 dB.
This window film is specially designed for outdoor application. This film is especially approved for thermal insulation glazing.
It can be used for indoor application on non heat absorbing glass surfaces.
What to use it for?
Suitable for domestic and windows this film offers a good amount of shielding. If you can hang wallpaper you should be able to fit this EMF protection window film.
YSHIELD® RDF25 Window Film Shielding Graph
To apply YSHIELD® RDF25 Window film we recommend using the plastic scraper FVR10, the mounting concentrate FMK30 and the edge sealant FL4. Full instructions are included in the delivery. Please note: Do not apply the edge sealant until 8 weeks after installing the window film, so that excess water can evaporate.
Attenuation | Grounding
- This product shields high frequency electromagnetic fields (HF). The indicated dB-values apply to 1 GHz, view chart for other frequencies. Laboratory report ranging from 40/600 MHz to 40 GHz according to standards ASTM D4935-10 or IEEE Std 299-2006, view graph above.
- This product does not have an electrically conductive surface so does not shield low-frequency alternating electric fields (LF).
- Width: 152 cm
- Length: Linear meter
- Attenuation: 35 dB at 1 GHz
- Light transmission: 25 %
- Color of daylight: Copper
- Mounting: Water-activated, pressure-sensitive adhesive to the back
- Material thickness: 50 µm
- Indoor application: on non heat absorbing glass surfaces (to reduce heat expansion
- Outdoor application: even on heat absorbing glass surfaces (this window film has been specially designed for outdoor application).
Why can't YSHIELD® RDF25 Window film be used on heat absorbing surfaces inside?
Heat-absorbing glass is already metallized.
When solar radiation permeates the metallization and subsequently hits the window foil, multi-reflections may occur. The windowpane will needlessly heat up and thus by expansion cause leaks or even cracks in the border-seals.
Please check the type of glass you are applying the window film to in advance!
Why can YSHIELD® RDF25 Window film be used on heat absorbing surfaces outside?
This window film is specially designed for outdoor application. The solar radiation is blocked, this is why the window can't heat up. This film is especially approved for thermal insulation glazing.